Why do I need a sanitary bin service anyway?
If your company employs females, or if women from other companies visit your premises, you should consider providing them with the means to dispose of sanitary towels or tampon waste ethically and legally.
Here are three reasons why.
- You may be breaking the law if you don’t provide a means of collection for sanitary waste bin. This is normallt facilitated through the use of a Sanitary Disposal Unit. The 'Duty of Care' Act 1990 section 34, demands that sanitary bin waste is managed to the point of disposal. Sanitary Waste (or offensive waste) must be carried by a licensed carrier and a full audit trail of documentation must be available at all times. Failure to comply can lead to an unlimited fine. This applies to all commercial premises, even if only one female is employed. This regulation is further endorsed by the Water Industries Act 1991, which states that” no items should be flushed that could cause a blockage within the sewer or drain”.
- You could save yourself an expensive drain clearing bill. There is no such thing as a soluble sanitary towel or tampon. Flushing them away can – and often does – result in blocked drains meaning added costs for your business.
- Responsible disposal of feminine hygiene waste helps the environment. In an Environment Agency Survey of 452 river and canal sites, 34% were found to be polluted with sewerage-derived litter such as sanitary towels.
You can help make sure your company doesn’t contribute to this problem by installing a sanitary disposal bin for female employees and visitors, and ensure your waste is disposed of correctly.
We have an exciting and unique offer for you...How would you like 3 months of service for sanitary waste disposal completely FREE OF CHARGE?
Call 01638 662995 or you can email us on email@example.com for more details.
Why choose us
- Brand new equipment including a foot pedal operated sanitary bin – This means a no touch user experience.
- A liner exchange service which means you won’t have someone else’s scuffed and damaged bin after each service call.
- Free of charge Duty of Care notes means you won’t get surprised by hidden extras at the end of the year.
- All waste is incinerated in a waste to energy plant which means you’ll be helping our environment by not having your waste land-filled.
- No long-term contract to sign – Just a yearly service agreement with easy exit terms.
- A 90 Day money back guarantee - Should you not be absolutely delighted with any aspect of our services you’ll get your money back.
- One to one point of contact – Should there ever be any queries, you can contact us directly and we will resolve them.
- 100% proven service record to all of our clients.